For the love of god I cannot figure out where to put my mileage in for Doordash

Options
jason_8983
jason_8983 Member Newcomer
edited April 15 in Credits/Deductions

I have been searching for months. I have been messing with the software for months. I enter the 1099-NEC info in click save and gives me no option to add the mileage deduction. I have searched and searched. I cannot find anything under the deductions/credits tab. I am at my wits end and probably going to have to go pay Turbotax 200$. Ty in advance if you can help me

Tagged:

Comments

• Kellip
    Kellip FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

Hi Jason_8983. To enter vehicle expenses for Doordash you will need to start a Schedule C. This is where you enter business income and expenses. Driving for Doordash means you are a subcontractor and therefore need to file the Schedule C. Once you have started the Schedule C you will be able to select that you had vehicle expenses and get the miles entered.

If you have any other questions regarding this, we recommend reaching out to the Support team while signed into your account so they can assist you with directing you in your account.

• jason_8983
    Options

I have tried. All it does is let me put in the dollar amount and save and continues on to the next section. Over and over and over and over again.

• jason_8983
    Options

The dollar amount of what i earned. Then just says "save" and NOTHING else.

• PhillipB
    PhillipB FreeTaxUSA Team
    Options

I wish we could tie to your account, but this forum is public so we have to make educated guesses about what is happening. Having said that I would suggest you take the following steps:

1.) Click on the Income TAB > Click Business Income (Schedule C) > Start a New Business or Edit the business you have started.

2.) If you finished the first full cycle through all of the initial screens that ask what your business name is and what you do for the business, you should come to a screen labeled Your Business that has a list of things like Basic Business Information, Income and Returns, Common Expenses, and Vehicle Expenses. If you do not see this screen, you need to continue step by step until you reach either the Your Business screen or the Your Vehicle Expenses screen.

3.) Once you get to either the Your Business screen (in which case click edit on Vehicle Expenses) or to the Your Vehicle Expenses screen (click +Add a Vehicle).

4.) On the Tell us about your vehicle screen, enter all the requested information including the mileage. If you are going to claim actual expenses, you must include all of your other miles.

5.) Continue through the subsequent screens in this section.

Thanks for using FreeTaxUSA

• jason_8983
    Options

Thank you so much, i had to delete the schedule C i had and do it all over to get it to pop up.