Software error filing 2021 fed tax return; anyone else have my experience?

Options
CLKing
CLKing Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in After you file

Has anyone had this problem?

Here is my message I sent their support ctr & their reply, which doesn't answer my ? about how this could happen.

--clk25620  09/29/2023 3:28 PM

I have a final printout of the 2021 that shows wages W2 of $15,998 right before I submitted it. On the return you sent to IRS, and they accepted, that income is missing, hence lots of errors. (I also have saved 5 drafts of each section of work I did; all show these wages.)

I want to know how in the iterations of the software, it would drop income. I certainly didn't do it. I didn't realize the problem until the IRS recently sent me a letter (CP2000). I have used your service for 2018-2022 & paid for Deluxe. Thank you.

-- Support: 09/29/2023 4:08 PM

Thanks for contacting customer support.

As I'm sure you know, that CP2000 notice explains the mismatch between the income you reported on your return and the income that third parties (who paid you or were involved in your income) reported to the IRS.

Finally, please note that we don't offer phone call services, but we do offer an upgrade to Deluxe which includes live chats with support agents. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Warmly,

Felicity, Customer Support

Comments

• rachels
    rachels FreeTaxUSA Agent Posts: 54
    Options

Customer Support would need to see your specific account information in order to diagnose the issue. It may be possible that you have more than one account with FreeTaxUSA. If that is the case, you may have filed from an account in which you didn't enter the W-2 without realizing it. You may want to use the forgot username tools to see if you have multiple accounts.

If you find that multiple accounts are not the problem, I suggest you message Customer Support again asking for more specific information.

• MatthewD
    MatthewD FreeTaxUSA Team Posts: 247
    Options

Hi CLKing,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I did a little research and found that Customer Support replied today to the Support issue, you mentioned, with some details on what likely happened. Please feel free to reply to that support issue for more information.

Sincerely,

Matthew