Entered wrong SSN in previous year.


Hi FreeTaxUSA,

Last year I mailed my tax return and when I started this year, I noticed that I entered my SSN incorrectly. I transposed the last two digits! What do I do this year, when I still want to e-file my tax return?




  • KFine3325
    KFine3325 FreeTaxUSA Agent

    Hi ChipGirl!

    The IRS's system matches the information you enter with the information obtained from the Social Security Administration, so if you e-file your 2023 return this coming tax season, you should be just fine. Since you mailed your return last year, they may have caught the typo in a manual review or should reach out to you via a letter in the mail if they have any questions.