I filed my taxes but haven't received anything yet. What could be the reason for this delay?

Options
ebubechukwuu
ebubechukwuu Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I filed my taxes using freetaxusa but I haven't received my returns. What could he the reason for this delay?

Answers

• Archangel6719
    Archangel6719 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

10 months and NO RETURN what gives!!@

• erikengquist
    erikengquist Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

The IRS also held my refund for seven months without explanation and made it impossible for me to find out why or to iron out the problem. Eventually, I found something called the Taxpayer Advocate Service, which is some sort of wing of the agency that advocates for its victims. I filled out a form and sent it in, and a representative named Mrs. Hunt took on my case and found the reason for the delay. I sent her information proving my return was correct and a few weeks later, my refund showed up, with interest.

• JMSSGV
    JMSSGV Member Posts: 74 Level 5
    Options

First of all, you FILE a return in order to RECEIVE a refund. You don't receive a "return."

Second, the best way to find out what's going on is to request a transcript of your account from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

• MatthewD
    MatthewD FreeTaxUSA Team Posts: 247
    Options

Hello Ebub,

Here at FreeTaxUSA we have limited information about the processing of your return. All the information we get on an e-filed return is the acceptance notice and the date. Here are two things I recommend you do:

1. Sign into your account. Review your tax return Form 1040. Do you actually have a refund or do you owe some taxes? Maybe you are not due a refund?
    2. Check to make sure your return was accepted. It is possible your refund was rejected and was never processed.

Like Erikengquist said, The Taxpayer's Advocate Service is a great service to go to. Here is the link: https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/