How to Get in touch with a person at the IRS

cdc131313
cdc131313 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

We filled our taxes for 2022 in February, as early as you could. We got notified through FreeTaxUSA that it was approved. a few weeks later we got a letter in the mail asking us to send in our w2s. we did, and we still have not gotten our refund, when I check the status it says it's received, it has been this way since April, I cant seem to see what the issue is or the hold up - how do I get to a person for help? any advice?

Tagged:

Answers

• KeriC
    KeriC FreeTaxUSA Agent Posts: 93

Try calling the IRS first. You will need some information for the IRS, so have your 2021 return in front of you. You can call the IRS at 800-829-1040 to see if an IRS agent can assist you.

In addition to the IRS phone number, you can locate and request a face-to-face meeting with an IRS agent with this IRS office locator. This may be a better option to get the information you want about any delays.

Lastly, you may contact your local Taxpayer Advocate and make an in-person appointment. These standalone offices are typically staffed with more experienced IRS personnel and may be able to help expedite the release of your refund or find out what is causing the delay.