What form do I use for Donations


What form would I need to use for donating stuff to the Salvation Army? I am filing single, 1 deduction. Thank you.

Best Answer

    JMSSGV Member Level 5
    Answer ✓

    Are you going to have more than $13,850 in itemized deductions (mortgage interest, state and local taxes-limited to $10,000, charitable contributions, and unreimbursed medical expenses in excess of 7.5% of your adjusted gross income)? If not, you won't be deducting your contributions, so there's no need to concern yourself with this. Your state may have different rules, however.

    If you will be claiming itemized deductions, you would include your charitable contribution on Schedule A of your 1040. Here's some additional information about charitable contributions from the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc506