S Corp – Paying Children with Family Management Company

Onagem Member Newcomer
edited January 15 in Filing my taxes

I have an S Corp. There is conflicting information online regarding the use of a Family Management Company (LLC) for the purpose of paying my minor children who work for me. Do I have to use a payroll service for them or is the FMC legal?



  • KFine3325
    KFine3325 FreeTaxUSA Agent
    edited December 2023

    Our forum may not be able to assist you with this question as we primarily deal with individual tax return questions. I recommend consulting with a business tax expert for advice regarding your S Corp & payments to family members.