Dependent income

kcjoykim Member Newcomer

My son is in college, works part time during school year and income is over 20,000. I will be claiming him as a dependent.

1.Can he file his own tax and still be my dependent?

2.In that case should I include his W2 in my tax file?

Best Answer

    JMSSGV Member Level 5
    Answer ✓
    1. Yes. There is a place where he needs to indicate that he is able to be claimed as a dependent by someone.
    2. No. He reports all of his income on his own tax return.