Deceased tax payer

chutto47 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Can I file taxes for my deceased daughter and her deceased dependents?



  • RustyL
    RustyL FreeTaxUSA Agent Posts: 22

    Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss.

    But yes, you can file a return for your daughter and her dependents, though you won't be able to file that return on your account. You will need to create a separate account for her. You'll be able to show that the return is being filed for a deceased person on the 'Taxpayer Information' page of the 'Personal' tab. From there, the software will walk you through any additional information you need to enter.