Bought 1st home with a mortgage, has separate rental house.

Rondo123 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi I bought my 1st home. Had to acquire a mortgage to buy it. There’s a separate rental home on the property that I rent out. What and how do I file taxes with these new issues?


Best Answer

  • marink
    marink FreeTaxUSA Agent Posts: 3
    Answer ✓

    Hi Rondo123! Generally, you would report your rental property information on a Schedule E. However, your mortgage interest information should be able to be entered on Form 1098 (Mortgage Interest).