Do you have a solution to the problem mentioned below?

Options
mickandpeggy
mickandpeggy Member Newcomer
edited January 4 in State Filing

When E-filing my Missouri state return there is no provision for claiming a tax credit. This year I had to mail my 2022 tax credit (form MO-TC) separately from my E-filed return and it took until October to get my tax credit. The only solution I can see is to file my state return manually along with the forms that require a signed form from a representative at the food pantry where my donation was made.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• mickandpeggy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Will I receive an answer via e-mail or what?

• mickandpeggy
    Answer ✓
    Options

I guess I'll take the calculations from my state tax return and incorporate the tax credit form which will require some changes to my state return and file it manually. How can I complete my state return with your software and not E-file it?

• KeriC
    KeriC FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Answer ✓
    Options

When completing your tax return in our software, you will come to a point where it asks how you would like to file your federal return and your state tax return (e-file or mail). You may select the option to mail your state return so that it is not e-filed.

• CorinaE
    CorinaE FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you reach the "Final Steps" section (previously the "Filing" section), you'll be asked which filing method you prefer. Simply choose the mailing option for your state return. You can then print the pdf and make the changes you need to. The mailing instructions will also be provided to you on the last page of the software.

• mickandpeggy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Corina.

Answers

• CorinaE
    CorinaE FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

Hi mickandpeggy!

I'm not sure what you ran into when trying to file this form that took till October, but yes, it may be easier to print and mail your return.

This form is not currently supported by our software and does affect your calculated tax balance on your return. Please take note of the changes this form will make to the return you fill/ed out with our software so you can adjust the return accordingly.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions to this, hope this helps!