What forms do I need and how to fillthem

wood1120 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I made $9650 before expenceses doing yard work last year and was paid in cash. what forms do i need and how do i fill them out so I'm get a tax return


    JMSSGV Member Posts: 74 Level 5

    You don't get a return; you file a return. You may receive a REFUND.

    You will need to report your income and expenses on Form 1040, Schedule C. If you have no other income for the year, you will not owe any Federal income tax, but you WILL owe self-employment tax if your net earnings exceed $400.

    Unless you're entitled to a refundable credit like the Earned Income Credit, you will not receive a refund if you have not any Federal income tax withheld or paid estimated taxes.