Home Energy Credit

Options

Hello, I purchased a new solar system for my home last year. Currently filling out my taxes, & I've selected "yes" on if I made energy efficient improvements to my home.

However, it won't let me enter an amount & I can't figure out where I need to enter how much the solar system cost.

Can someone help me out please? Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• KeriC
    KeriC FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

This is a question best suited for our Customer Support team. Will you please log into your account and click "Support" to send them a message requesting assistance? Thanks!

• Landon
    Landon Member Level 2
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Did they help you with this?

• rpughiii
    rpughiii Member Newcomer
    Options

In order to input your Solar Energy costs, when you navigate to "Deductions/Credits", click on "Home Energy Credits". When you get to the section to add your home(Your Homes for the Energy Credit), be sure to answer "yes" to "Did you have any 2023 residential clean energy costs for this home?". If you miss this, go back and click "Edit". Now, when you move forward, you will see the entry boxes to input your Solar Energy costs. I hope this helps.
    "

• FEMI
    FEMI Member Newcomer
    Options

I purchased a new energy-efficient furnace and water heater for my home in 2023, it costs me about $14,500, and I know I am entitled to some form of credit under the Efficient Home Improvement Credit. There is no slot to claim this credit on FreeTaxUSA. Except credit for solar, wind, Geothermal, and fuel cells. Any help?

• KeriC
    KeriC FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

I'll include screenshots below to help you navigate to the section where you can enter your energy-efficient furnace and water heater information.

Yes will need to be selected for the first question.

Next, make sure your home has been entered. If you need to enter your home, it will look like the second screenshot below.

These will all need to be selected as Yes.

Leave this page blank if it doesn't apply.

Leave this page blank if it doesn't apply.

Select Yes.

Here, you will find the space to enter your energy-efficient furnace and water heater costs.