Difficulty signing in

Options
cdlybbert
cdlybbert Member Level 2
edited March 28 in General

Hi,

I know the community is more for general tax questions but I wasn't sure how to contact support considering that it looks like I have to be logged in to contact support and I can't seem to log in.

Whenever I put in my credentials and click sign in or enter, nothing happens. I've changed my password, tried different browsers, cleared my cookies/cache, etc. but I still am unable to sign in, even with correct credentials. I'm not even getting an error, I just select sign in and the website does nothing. Strangely enough, every other hyperlinked part of the site works except for the sign in button.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, I wasn't sure how else to get in contact with someone. Thanks :)

Best Answer

Answers

• Bob
    Bob Member Newcomer
    Options

Can't sign in either been using this past few years...

• RBorch
    RBorch FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

We apologize that you have also had issues signing in, please use this link to contact support so that we can better assist you. support@support.freetaxusa.com.

• GP1630
    GP1630 Member Newcomer
    Options

Ditto.. cannot get a verification code sent because that company server is no longer accessable. I tried to send an email to support@support.freetaxusa.com but got "This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more ofits recipients. This is a permanent error.The following address failed:support@support.freetaxusa.com:SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: d223027a.ess.barracudanetworks.com (209.222.82.253) reason: 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (support@support.freetaxusa.com:blocked)

• HarveyGirl
    HarveyGirl Member Newcomer
    Options

Just created my account tonight & am unable to log back in to finish. I'm going to create my own post here, but this company is giving me a really bad vibe right off the bat!!!

• KeriC
    KeriC FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

I'm sorry for the frustration. Will you try emailing support@freetaxusa.com to see if that email will go through? I just tested it from my own personal email address and the message was received by the support team.

• donnabaxter
    donnabaxter Member Newcomer
    Options

I've been trying for four hours to get on my own account that I've had for several years. No matter what I do or how many times I verify my ID it will not open. I've also changed and reset my user name and password many times as was suggested. No luck. I'm quite annoyed with this entire situation. This is entirely unprofessional.

• RyanZ
    RyanZ FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

Please send an email to support@support.freetaxusa.com and include your username, email address(es) and telephone number(s) associated with your account. If you have changed your email address, please provide us with any applicable previous email addresses to help us locate your account.

• Joon
    Joon Member Newcomer
    Options

I am on the same boat as everyone else on this page. I sent an email to support, but this seems to be a global issue—any idea how quickly this is will be resolved?

• bjorgenson
    bjorgenson FreeTaxUSA Team Level 2
    edited April 8
    Options

The error message 'Process Failure' can happen in a few cases:

The first is that our servers are down. This is very rare but does happen from time to time. Usually this is resolved within an hour.

The second (which most people are running into here), is that we seem to be experiencing issues with certain browser and browser extension configurations that interfere with our login page. We are actively trying to understand which combinations are causing issues.

The Sign In button being unresponsive is probably also caused by the same issue.

For those that are experiencing this issue, please include the browser you are using (including the version if possible), and active browser extensions when you email our support agents or comment on this thread. That would be extremely helpful. This issue can often be resolved by trying a different browser. Thank you.

• bjorgenson
    bjorgenson FreeTaxUSA Team Level 2
    Options

@Joon What browser and browser extensions are you using?