Underpayment Penalty Estimated Taxes California

amy_community Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I know I owe an underpayment penalty for estimated taxes in California. FreeTaxUSA nicely calculated my underpayment penalty at the federal level, but did not calculate it at the state level. I can calculate it using California Form 5805. Is there a way to have FreeTaxUSA calculate my underpayment penalty or manually enter the amount so I can have it on my state return?


  • kiarab
    kiarab FreeTaxUSA Agent Posts: 58


    We currently do not have a way to calculate or manually enter your underpayment penalty for CA. We are constantly adding more features each year, so it may be available in the future.