Foreign income from multiple countries

Bongo5 Member Newcomer
edited March 17 in Filing my taxes

I have $1000 in foreign taxes which comes from foreign income in multiple countries, some via RIC and some not. I would like to take the foreign tax credit.

How do I enter that in the "Tell us more about your foreign income" page? There's only room for a single country as the income source, and only a single choice as to whether it's a RIC or not.


  • KeriC
    KeriC FreeTaxUSA Agent

    At this time, our software only supports reporting foreign taxes paid to a single country or an RIC, but not multiple countries along with an RIC. If you need to report foreign tax paid to multiple countries, you will, unfortunately not be able to file using our software. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.