Alien tax filing

Katteo
Katteo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 28 in Filing my taxes

I am not a USA citizen nor resident nor PR. I have invested in a land investment scheme and now has a little profit. I am suppose to file for this income but I check the IRS website, it says aliens are not eligible for tax efiling. Is this correct? So I have to file my tax by filling in the 1040 NR form and mail to IRS? The dateline is 15April or in Oct? I am a bit confused. Please help advise, thank you so much.

Best Answer

• MatthewD
    MatthewD FreeTaxUSA Team Posts: 248
    Answer ✓

Hello Katteo,

Unfortunately, our software does not provide a form 1040NR for taxpayers to fill out. Generally, you must file a tax return when you earn income here in the USA.

The deadline is April 15, unless you file an income tax extension. Then it is in Oct.

I suggest you use a tax service that supports filing the 1040NR and is familiar with situations like yours.

Answers

• Katteo

Thank you very much for your reply. Are you able to recommend a fair and reliable tax service company?

• kiarab
    kiarab FreeTaxUSA Agent Posts: 58

Hello again,

As we are not directly involved with another tax software company, we are not able to recommend one but I'm sure if you were to do an internet search, you'd be able to find one that supports form 1040-NR.

• Katteo

Thank you very much for your reply.