I am unable to checkout

Options
huskie
huskie Member Newcomer
edited March 26 in General

The checkout screen keeps displaying
"This credit card transaction has been declined. Please try a different credit card."

I have tried 2 different credit cards and 1 debit card. I know these cards are good because I have used them all this past week and even today as of writing this. My wife even used one of the credit cards to pay for her return through FreeTaxUSA! I have tried 2 different browsers on 2 different machines each. I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have reached out through support and haven't heard back in over a week. The deadline is coming up fast and I want to stay ahead of this. I don't want to pay extra money to get their live support because I shouldn't have to spend money so they can help me pay them.

Can anyone help me?

Answers

• TaxMorgan
    TaxMorgan FreeTaxUSA Agent
    Options

I apologize that you are having trouble making a payment in your account. I noticed that you said you had reached out through support but can I ask you to sign in to your account and send a message to support from your account again? We would only be able to see your account specific information and why you may be having difficulty paying if you reach out to us from there. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

• zealforsound
    zealforsound Member Newcomer
    Options

The same thing is happening again. It has happened with two different accounts between April 3rd and April 6th. Support is telling me to use a different tax software now. :( I've entered multiple support tickets and tried to escalate the situation. I have also requested a Service Code just so we can get it submitted but they said they will not issue us a service code either. :(. I have tried the same thing. Multiple cards, multiple browsers. FTUSA WAS able to fix it the first time it happened on April 3rd— but they won't help fix it now for a second (different) tax return we were filing.

• MatthewD
    MatthewD FreeTaxUSA Team
    Options

Hi,

I am sorry this is happening. The best way to resolve this is to work with Customer Support. If they cannot resolve the issue, you'll have to do something else. Sorry.