Where do I enter 1099-S income that I received in a long standing lawsuit involving my home

jjk Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I see lots of 1099's when entering my freetaxusa form but nowhere can I find anything for a 1099-s. My income only consisted of some interest and this one time 1099-s of which almost all went to my attorney.


  • MatthewD
    MatthewD FreeTaxUSA Team Posts: 247

    So, here is the lowdown on the attorned fees and maybe you have already researched this. Attorney fees are only deductible for certain lawsuits relating to unlawful employment discrimination lawsuits.

    The 1099-S would be entered on the Sale of Main home page. See the Uncommon Income section and answer all the questions and fill in the information relating to that sale and then 1099-S