insunup Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
My husband received form NR4 from Canada. He uploads his photos to a photo site and buys them there for a while. For this income, does he need to fill out schedule C or schedule E?
He also bought a laptop last year for photo editing. Can 90% be written off as depreciation? He really spends a lot of time on his laptop, processing photos. Every day for 8-10 hours. Thank you!


  • MatthewD
    MatthewD FreeTaxUSA Team Posts: 247


    Any business income should be reported on a Schedule C. When he reported his income and was not sent a 1099, he enters the total receipts NOT on a 1099, on the Other Business Income page of the Schedule C.

    The laptop can be entered as a Depreciable Asset. And he can designate it a 90% for business.

  • insunup
    insunup Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

    Thank you!