Domiciled in NJ But Living Elsewhere Part Year

maggie Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 11 in Filing my taxes


I'm domiciled in NJ (i.e. living there >183 days) but do spend about 4 months elsewhere in the country. When doing the NJ taxes, do I put in my salary for the whole year to be taxed even though I did not live in NJ for 4months of the year? If I need to put in a partial salary, how would I calculate that? Is it gross salary/365 * # of days in NJ?

Thank you!