Could some guide me with the category thing?

elijaa
elijaa Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

This is my first post after just joining this discussion, so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection!

I am new here but a real enthusiast and loving this community so far. I have a background in teaching coding and in education and feel I could help with documentation, at least for starters.

As a new member of this forum, I wish to share and gain some knowledge. I am looking forward to creating my own discussion to resolve my query and gain some knowledge though I have taken part in various discussions which is definitely helped me a lot.

Also in what category should be taken depends on what factors?

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• KristineS
    KristineS FreeTaxUSA Agent Posts: 141

Hi elijaa,

Welcome to our Community! We're glad to have you here.

We have a number of different categories in our forum.

We encourage our community members to select the category they think their question best falls under. In general, these categories are patterned after the FreeTaxUSA software program such as Income or State Filing. As an example, if you have a question about a credit or deduction you're not sure you're allowed to claim on your tax return, that question would be best posted in the Credits/Deductions category.

Occassionally, moderators of the Community may move a member's question if we believe it should be posted in a different section. For instance, if a thread has been discussing depreciation on a rental house (which is a deduction), and a member writes in asking a question about the Earned Income Credit (EIC and considered a credit), a moderator can move that question to it's own new thread inside the Deductions/Credit general section.

Our forum includes "Discussions" "Categories" "Articles" and the link to "Go to FreeTaxUSA" where you can create an account and start preparing a tax return.

Discussions takes you straight to the list of Recent Discussions and Trending Discussions, which can be on any topic.

Categories starts with topic specific questions including a General category, After you file, Situation & Life Changes, and so forth.

Articles takes you to the Community landing page where FreeTaxUSA Pro Agents write articles on a wide variety of tax topics relevant to our Community. This section contains new articles almost daily. We write in a clear, friendly, easily understood manner, not confusing IRS jargon, and include links to relevant sources we believe useful to our reader.

Thanks for joining us and writing in. We look forward to seeing you contribute to our community.

• elijaa
    elijaa Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Thanks for sharing these beautiful insights mate as I found it very much useful and informative to be honest.