Print or view state forms before filing

Options
IdahoUser
IdahoUser Member Level 2

There is a difference between what FreeTaxUSA is showing for my state tax owed (Idaho) and what my spreadsheet says. FreeTaxUSA says I owe more for the state by $200+. I cannot find a way to see or print the forms like I can the Federal forms before I actually file.

If I choose to file by printing both forms and only print my state form, can I go back and choose to e-file the Federal form? It may have a mistake as well that is feeding the state form incorrect information. I am unable to find it though.

I suspect the problem is how to report dividends that are state tax free on the federal form (or deduct it on the state form). I will ask that in a separate question unless I see the answer here.

New to FreeTaxUSA and the community.

Thanks in advance!

IdahoUser

Best Answers

• MatthewD
    MatthewD FreeTaxUSA Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello IdahoUser,

Thank you for your question. Since the state return is a paid product, you can only view it after you paid the state preparation fee. You can view it prior to e-filing it. See the Review Return screen on the Final Steps menu, after paying for your order.

Yes, if you choose to file by mail and want to change to e-file and have not mailed your forms, you can go back and e-file.

I suggest opening a new discussion for the tax-exempt dividends.

• IdahoUser
    IdahoUser Member Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your quick reply. I will open a new discussion for the tax-exempt dividends.

• Henry
    Henry FreeTaxUSA Agent
    edited March 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Kelvin, you should see the option to download your state tax forms when you reach the end of the Final Steps menu. If you are not seeing that option, then it sounds like your state return may not have been finalized yet.

This should be a pretty easy fix. Please sign in to your FreeTaxUSA account and contact customer support so that they can view your progress and help you. They will be able to see where you are at in the filing process and can direct you accordingly.

Answers